Wow, it's been a while!

I apologize profusely for the lapse in posts. It's been a rough couple of months. Hubby's schedule picked up, he got picked up for his E6 (grats baby!), the holidays kicked my rear end, and I got addicted to World of Warcraft. Now let me warn you, if you have nothing but time on your hands, warcraft is awesome. I love games that make you focus on what you are doing, are social and goal/event oriented. However, if you have any semblence of a life, it's a bad idea.

We just returned from a two week jaunt around the country with all of our children in tow and it gave me a time to clear my head and really understand what my issue is. Time Management. I have absolutely no time management skills right now. Or the ones that I did have I utterly forgot. So since tomorrow is officially our first day back on the job (or in my case, back in the SAHM saddle) it's a fresh start.

First things first, I'll be restarting my flylady babysteps. Years ago when I was fresh out of the military, working full time and supporting my two oldest babies all by myself, the flylady saved me. My mother is not a born organized person and I didn't learn a whole lot of homemaking skills at her side. Don't get me wrong, my mother is awesome. She may not bake the worlds best pie, or know how to keep a house sparkling like Martha Stewart, but she always had time for me, always had a smile on her face and is even now, my best friend. My goal is to balance what my mother was with my desire for a clean, well run household. Hell, right now I'd settle for a clean house..haha! Anyway, back on subject, Flylady is a system created by Marla Cilley based on the SHE (sidetracked Home Executive) system by pam and peggy jones. It's not a checklist, it's not a how to. What it is is a system to help you develop habits to manage your time better. And given that she's worked for me beautifully in the past, I have faith she can again.

Her website is www.flylady.net and is an invaluable tool for anyone really. Her mantra, you can do anything in 15 minutes, helps soldiers, actors, moms and kids alike. Letting go of perfectionism is a hard step, but she makes it seem simple. Plus, she's really really nice.
I'll also be participating in the beachbody slim in six system. I'm an all or nothing type of gal but that is part of what has led to my downfall. A simple six week system to ease me back into my fitness life is just what the doctor ordered. I've put on 20 lbs in six months being stuck on my but gaming, and I'd like to get rid of my gamer but as soon as possible.

This is of course not to say I'm deserting my dear Night Elf Druid, but I am prioritizing a bit better. She's a lvl 80 and my guild, There and Back Again of Fizzcrank seems to be in a bit of transition so I have no problems sticking to scheduled guild raids and maybe rewarding myself with a bit off questing or alt lvling after I've completed my tasks for the day. Perhaps it's good enough to kick my butt into gear and help me start feeling a bit more like myself.

0 comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
just your ordinary run of the mill mom of six, military wife and fitness freak. :)
contents © The Homefront Homemaker 2009. .